We can no longer wait for Donald Trump to be impeached. Everyday he stays in power is one day closer to our republic being destroyed. Although Democrats are taking over the House of Representatives in January that won’t guarantee the president will be forced from office. And it might not matter what the Mueller investigation turns up.
That is why we must take our democracy into our hands and do our duty. We must engage in civil disobedience by occupying Washington until Trump is forced out of town.
It’s been done before.
- How protests at a South Korean university led to the downfall of President Park Geun-hye
- Thousands of protesters demand the ouster and arrest of the South Korean president
- How to Remove a President: Mass Protests Force Out South Korean Leader Amid Corruption Scandal
- Protesters seize Ukraine president’s office, take control of Kiev
- Protests force Bolivian president from office.
It happened in Egypt in 2011
It was sparked on social-networking sites, and inspired by a revolution in Tunisia. In 18 days, it grew into something astounding – a leaderless people’s movement that at every turn outsmarted a government with an almost unblemished 30-year record of suppressing dissent.
On Friday, pro-democracy demonstrators achieved through peaceful and determined protests what only a month ago had seemed impossible: They forced President Hosni Mubarak from office.Washington Post, 2/11/2011
The ‘leaders’ in these countries could also be toppled
- Will protests topple Macron in France as French rebellion forces U-TURN?
- Thousands are demonstrating Friday in a string of neighbourhoods of the Sudanese capital of Khartoum, calling for President Omar al-Bashir to step down, according to activists, keeping up the pressure on the autocratic general-turned-president who has been in power for nearly 30 years.
- Nicaraguan President Says He Won’t Step Down Despite Deadly Protests